Research in Children and Young People
Module Code EM.04
Children are not little adults. They are physiologically and psychologically different therefore research involving children and young people needs to be designed specifically for the needs of this population.
Additional ethical and methodological factors need to be considered to ensure the safety of children and young people as participants in research. There are also additional responsibilities required of you as a researcher when working with children and young people to ensure their rights, safety and wellbeing are maintained.
This module will explore ways to enable you to design and conduct research in children and young people that is safe, ethically and scientifically sound, with merit and integrity.
This module also compliments our new Research in Children and Young People virtual workshop, with the first workshop scheduled for 8 November 2022.
You can claim 3 CPD points on completion of this module.
On successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of research in children and young people and articulate the benefits of performing research in this population.
- Take into consideration the vulnerabilities of children and young people as it relates to research.
- Understand the ethical considerations and risks in designing and conducting research in children and young people.
- Understand and apply the principles of consent in research for children and young people.
- Understand and apply the methodological considerations in designing and conducting research in children and young people.
- Know your responsibilities and obligations as a researcher in conducting research in children and young people.
- Design and conduct research that protects children and young people when they are participants.
How long will it take to complete?
This course takes on average 4-6 hours to complete.
Will I get a certificate of completion?
Yes! A certificate will be automatically issued once a minimum of 80% is achieved in the final quiz section of the module. You can download it immediately . The certificate will show evidence of this modules compliance with TransCelerate requirements.
When can I start?
You can begin at any time. This module is always open to enrolments as it is part of the Research Essentials training model.
What will you learn?
Note: Add Module Code EM.04 to the enrolment form where prompted.
$198pp plus GST
*Savings available for group enrolments and for PRAXIS partner organisations.